Saturday, September 21, 2013

Sex. Marriage. Honestly.

The other day someone posted a comment on a very old post, commending me for my honesty. To be honest, I again live in a sexless marriage. For all the gains we made, we've backslid terrifically. The traditional definition of a sexless marriage is sex once or less per month. That's us. It's me. The libido that came raging unexpectedly two-and-a-half years ago departed somewhere along the way, helped by illness, stress, and growing disinterest. I thought we'd beat the odds, but we've become a statistic. I just thought I should be honest.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for your honesty. Hugs to you. Don't give up if it's important to you.

    Hugs,
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking in. I appreciate your comment.

      Delete
  2. This breaks my heart for you. If it came back once, it can come back again. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tonya. And very nice to see you :).

      Delete
  3. I find so much that is familiar in your story. The high libido times are good ones, aren't they? You would think the rewards to both self and relationship would be incentive enough to keep the loving, sexy momentum rolling. What happens?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sad. Thanks for being so honest.
    Although it would go against the "always each other" motto, I'd like to suggest opening up. That way your husband would not have to face the terrible prospect of having to go back to years of (albeit loving) rejection.
    And you might get a libido kick from someone else, and the libido boost might make its way back to the marital bed.
    This is what happened with my wife and I. Now, it's "always 'at least' each other". And it really changed our lives.

    ReplyDelete

This blog no longer accepts anonymous comments due to excessive spam in the comments section. If you post a commercial link in your comment I will delete it.

Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog