Tuesday, September 24, 2013

On Shame and Sexlessness

I've come back to the place I was in a few years ago, before I "got past" the sexless void in our marriage. I'm back in the place where I actively try to avoid sexual situations. I muddle through conversations when they involve sex or discussing whether we have a problem in this area again. I don't initiate. I don't encourage when he's amorous. I hide my body as much as possible. I don't even look at myself naked. If I let myself do these things it would mean I would have to face a lot of things that are overwhelming and painful.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for being vulnerable enough to share this with us. We're still here, and still listening. Hope things look sunnier soon.

    ReplyDelete

This blog no longer accepts anonymous comments due to excessive spam in the comments section. If you post a commercial link in your comment I will delete it.

Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog